Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

Dear Family,
 
This week was pretty awesome.  It was the best week (key-indicators wise) we have had all transfer, and Amparo (Grandmother) and Rocio (Granddaughter) got baptized which was really great.  The day before when we were just running through everything with Amparo we asked her if she got off work on Sunday so that she could be confirmed in church.  She responded, "I don't care if they give me the day off or not!  I told them last week that I was getting baptized and I don't care if I lose my job, I am still getting baptized!"  It was really awesome to hear that.  She is going to make a great addition to the branch and she has a lot of member and family support so we are pretty confident that she will stay active.  The baptismal program went really well.  Unfortunately, the night before the food we ate at one of the Mexican restaurants didn't sit too well with me, so I was literally on the toilet every 45 minutes the entire day and was super exhausted.  Nevertheless, everything else went as planned and two new members have been added to God's church.  I am really grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to play a role in the conversion of these people and to be an instrument in His hands.

We found 7 new investigators this week and a bunch of them are looking pretty promising.  We are getting them in contact with members and trying to get them from that "beginning stage" to the "sincere-heart/real-intent stage" in the investigation process.  I am confident we can have another baptism this month, and we are hoping it can be a family that we recently found and taught who were old investigators from 2007.  Also I ran out of silly bands to give to little kids and they love them.

I received the package with the stationary, and I want to thank you guys for doing it.  It is really, really nice and I know the ward members and investigators always appreciate thank-you notes when missionaries leave.

Transfer news came and I am still going to be here in Phoenix with Elder Faldmo for at least one more transfer so we're going to tear it up.  Also as you can see from some of the pictures I sent, I kind of failed trying to cut my hair by attaching what I thought was a #3 head size to the razor when it was actually 3 millimeters, so I am basically bald right now.  I told President and he said I was fine.  Also it might help me deal with the heat of the summer.  The hottest weather I have experienced so far is 114 degrees and I can say that the "dry heat" excuse is actually more valid than you think because I still remember it being worse in those heat waves in New England in that humidity.  Don't get me wrong, it is definitely still very hot.

I also wanted to let you know that I found that scripture in D&C 62:3* which talks about how are sins are forgiven when we bear our testimony.  I remember that you wanted me to find it a while ago and I wasn't able to but I came across it the other day and wanted to let you know



That's about it for this week. 
 
Love,
 
Elder Kinney 

*Doctrine & Covenants Chapter 63, Verse 3:
Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you.


No comments:

Post a Comment