Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Monday, June 20, 2011

June 13, 2011

 Dear Family,

I'm not going to have time to write the family email today so I am going to include some stuff in the letter I send to dad.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!! I know its next Sunday but by the time I will be able to email you again it will be over already. I can't beleive that I am coming up on a year. I have learned so much and I am loving the mission.

Right now we have a really solid baptism of a woman named Amparo (means refuge or protection in English) and her granddaughter on the 25th of this month.  When we asked her if she had asked for time off of work that day she told us no but that it doesn't matter.  "If they do give it to me I'm getting baptized, and if they don't I'm still getting baptized."  It is always good to hear enthusiasm like that from those that you are teaching.  Our other really good investigators are this couple named Ricardo and Heather who have two little girls that are 2 and 3 years old (Hadasa and Trinity).  They are really starting to get into the Book of Mormon a lot and are taking the discussions really seriously.  One roadblock is going to be getting them married, but at the rate they're going it shouldn't be as hard as some of the marriage situations we've had in my last branch.

My companions are yelling at me that we need to leave so I will write dad a letter later today and send it.

 

Love,

Elder Kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment