Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4, 2011

Dear Family,

This past week was sure exhausting.  On Saturday the temperature actually hit 118 degrees.  When we were doing some visits with my Branch President, he was telling me people make t-shirts that say "I Survived!!" with the tempurature on it when it hits 120 or 121.  He also said people will start frying eggs on the sidewalk.  I am so going to eat an egg that is cooked on a sidewalk this summer.

This past week we were able to find this sweet woman with two daughters that lives in the same apartment complex as some of our members.  Her name is Maria and she is a single mother.  We are really trying to find families but obviously we are going to take what we can get.  She seems to have been humbled a lot in her life.  She just had a baby about a month ago.  When she was pregnant, she walked to work every single day up until she gave birth.  We were able to set a baptismal date with her and it was all because of the members that were with us.  It was a huge testimony strengthener and confirmation to me on the importance of members in missionary work especially with the different backgrounds me and my investigators have.  She is well fellowshipped by them and will hopefully get baptized on the 30th of this month.

We have a goal to baptize 2 people this month and we are going to set another date this Tuesday with a man named Marcos who is married to one of the members.  He will be the first man I baptize while being on my mission.  We have already talked to him and he told us he wants to get baptized this month so we are just going to bring the ex-Branch President with us and set a date with him.

I wish I could talk more but I need go.  Will send pics and a longer letter next week. Thanks for the package you sent.  Tell me what you did for the 4th of July and send me some pics of the fam.

Love Elder Kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment