I am kind of sick right now with a soar throat. I am trying to take it a bit easier because biking in 108 degree weather all day sure isn't condusive to recovery. It is really, really hot here and when the wind blows it is even hotter. I can't wait until it gets to those few days where it will be 120. I will be sure to send you a picture when I come home after one of those...
I don't have a ton of time to write but I will try to fill you in on some updates. The baptismal date we have with Amparo has been moved to the 25th, so she has enough time to ask for time off from work and so she can also be baptized at the same time as her 8-year old granddaughter. Originally, that was the plan for the 11th but since her granddaughter is 8 she is organizing her baptism through the President and is going to do it on the 25th. So it's not necessarily a bad thing, she is still progressing a ton and coming to church. Hopefully, there will be a lot more people at the baptism now.
We have found and dropped a lot of potential investigators. It is really hard to find "prepared" people but we have a few that look promising. Some of our potentials and investigators have husbands that don't want anything to do with us and refuse to let their wives be baptized or even talk to us. Circumstances like that are so frustrating for missionaries, but really there is nothing we can do but pray and not be contentious. We were also able to get Ruth (from my last area) to kick out her boyfriend for good. He was a roadblock for the baptism of her two daughters.
I wish I had more time but everyone is waiting for me. Hope all is well in NC and that Dad and Matt enjoyed their 100- mile bike ride.