Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 9, 2012

Dear Family,

Thanks for the Happy Easter wishes.  It was a pretty good Easter, except I broke a girl's skateboard "ollying" over a bucket so I have to buy her a new one.  And since I've been trying to eat really healthy recently I have no money because healthy food is so expensive.  I currently weigh 184 pounds and I am supposed to eat 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight a day, so that's a lot of protein.  I've been trying to get my protein from shakes and canned fish so I'm not packing on extra fat and carbs.  I've gained a lot of muscle recently but I need to tighten everything up, so that's what I'm working on now.

This past week was pretty awesome because we found 8 new investigators, and of course had 3 baptisms.  I am so glad the Cervantes family came back stronger than ever and decided to get baptized.  It was amazing to see their change of heart and the way they relied on the Lord during the trial they are going through with Gabriel.  He calls me often but I have the feeling that he isn't very sincere -- maybe because the last experience I had with him in person influenced my perception.  Either way, he lives outside of the mission now and is supposedly going to the ward there.

We found a family of 7 that's going to be great (the Beltran family).  It's a rare situation with a man and his 6 children -- it's usually a mother with children, like the Cervantes family.  He has relatives who are members of the church and admires their way of life, plus he wants his children to be raised in a gospel environment.  I am excited to see what's going to happen with them.
 
It sounds like you guys had an awesome Easter.  After speaking with President and someone from the Mission office, my return-date plan at this point is the 30th of July.  Thanks for everything.  Have a great week.
 
Love,
 
Elder Kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment