Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 21, 2011

Dear Family,
 
Not a very eventful week.  Last Monday when I was sending you my weekly email I started to feel the beginning of what turned out to be a week-long sickness that had me throwing up and running to the bathroom every 30 minutes.  So I've been bed-ridden all week, along with some other members of our District -- Elder May from Indiana and I got to know each other pretty well.

Aside from that, Gabriel passed his baptismal interview and we found another family that expressed a desire to be baptized.  We had a cool lesson with them because we were able to read the entire first part of the Joseph Smith History* which I've never done before.  He was just really interested about the background of Joseph Smith and the story as to how he was called to be a prophet.  They will be coming to the Gabriel's baptism this Saturday so I'm hoping it will be a good experience for them.

Thanks for your prayers.  I love you guys a ton.  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
 
Love,

Elder Kinney



*In the Joseph Smith History, the Prophet, Joseph Smith, tells about his family, his upbringing and where he lived.  There was also an unusual excitement about religion that prevailed in western New York at the time.  He had a desire to seek wisdom as directed by James, chapter 1, verse 5 in the bible which reads: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. The Father and the Son appear to Joseph.

(Link to Joseph Smith History:  http://lds.org/scriptures/pgp/js-h/1?lang=eng)



No comments:

Post a Comment