Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011

Dear Family,

Thanks a ton for the Christmas money to buy t-shirts for the Zone.  The shirts should be done by this Friday.  I'll send you a picture of me in the shirt next p-day hopefully (maybe even the whole Zone).  Everyone in the Zone is really appreciative of your generosity in buying us t-shirts, and they all say thank you.

This week was pretty good.  The only downside is that Evangelina, the wife of Gabriel (the man we baptized like 2 weeks ago) and her daughters want to get baptized on the first of January to start off the new year because of the hecticness of the holiday season and they had plans on the original date we had set with them.  However, she is just as determined, if not more so, than she was before to get baptized -- you can just see it in her face.  She is so much happier than when we first met her.

Last night we had the opportunity to work Christmas Lights on the Mesa Temple grounds as a District, it was pretty cold but I really enjoyed talking to a lot of people.  I liked it a lot.  There were a lot of extremely attractive girls as usual, and I, of course, tried to talk to as many of them as I could.  I also talked to an accountant who lives in Fountain Hills.  I told him my dad is an investment banker and he started to tell me about the protests that are going on against Wall Street in that park in downtown Manhattan . . . and all over the country.  One of my investigators is protesting outside of the Wells Fargo building in Phoenix every Sunday (hahaha).  He said unions are paying a ton of people to protest, and the majority of them don't even know why they're doing it.  I'm sure dad knows a lot more on the subject.

Hope everything is well in snowy NC!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment