Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012

Dear Family,

I'm glad you liked the package I sent with the photos -- it was a really cool hike.  I was able to see the very beginning of the eclipse last night, but then we had to go into a fireside. The fireside was really cool because one of my recent converts, Sal Garcia, (the river baptism) got to share his testimony and it was really good.  He is a very strong convert and will be a leader in the church soon.

I got sick yesterday morning.  I felt fine when I went to bed, but woke up at about 4am with my throat killing me like never before.  I talked a PA in our ward last night and she assessed my symptoms, checked my throat, and diagnosed me with strep.

The Moreno family had a really awesome baptism on Thursday.  There had to be at least 50 people there and it was great to see so much support.  They are going to be very strong in the gospel.  We will be working with the father who was unable to progress with the rest of the family due to a training position at his bakery which required him to work on Sundays.  He definitely has the desire though and should be done training in July.

I hope you guys had a really good week.

Love,

Elder Kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment