Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 16, 2012

Dear Family,

That is a really cool scripture (Isaiah 30:20-21*).  I remember highlighting it the first time I read through Isaiah.

Unfortunately, our Zone, as a whole, is kind of low on numbers and it seems to be getting harder and harder to find people, but our area is doing really well.  A woman named Nancy is going to be baptized next weekend, and then the Cervantes family on the 28th.  They were supposed to get baptized at the beginning of the month but our branch president has been insistant on not giving the Priesthood to recent converts without due preparation (which is very understandable).  If he doesn't get the Preisthood this next Sunday, we'll just tell them we will baptize them.  Hopefully it will work out.

I'm pretty sure AZ accepts Martin Luther King Jr. day as a holiday.  It's a bummer there's still no snow in Connecticut.  It has been really warm here in AZ.  I feel like some days are even a little hot.  I got the package with the stuffed ponies and the t-shirt -- which I did like (thanks a lot), but I still haven't received the sweatshirt, which I was really looking forward to receiving it.

I hope everything is well with work and your calling.  Thanks for your prayers.
 
Love,
Elder Kinney

*Isaiah 30:20-21  "And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner anymore, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, when ye turn to the left."
 




No comments:

Post a Comment