Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011

Dear Family,
 
This week was kind of bitter sweet.  Unfortunately, Tania, the investigator that had a baptismal date for next Saturday told us she can't do it because her Mom in Mexico doesn't want her to.  It is seriously so frustrating because she is so solid.  She comes to church every week and is basically the leader of the Young Women's program in our branch.  We have been praying so hard for the Lord to soften her Mother's heart to allow her to be baptized.  It is so frustrating when Satan gets in the way of everything.  We are going to try and assess the possibilities we have with her during our next appointment.  She also told us her mother is coming to Arizona but not until the end of the month -- I think the 28th.  Hopefully, we can talk to them both and sort it out.

A good thing that happened this week was we set a baptismal date with Ruth's four daughters for the 23rd of April, but they didn't come to church on Sunday, which was really disappointing.  President Ellsworth said the vision he has received for the [Arizona Mesa] mission is that every companionship can baptize one investigator every month.  I definitely think it is possible, and I have prayed to the Lord so I can receive that vision as well.  I know President Ellsworth is inspired of God to lead this mission.  This month is really going to try the faith of Elder Pierson and I a lot.  President Ellsworth told us to have faith that we can baptize up to the last minute of every month, and if we do everything we can, the Lord will be pleased.  I am going to try and be so obedient in order to keep that from being a potential stumbling block.  D&C 123:17 says: Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.  I really love this scripture and am going to apply it this upcoming week as I try my hardest to help the people in my area prepare to enter the waters of baptism.

It feels like time is literally going by so fast.  I can't believe we are almost halfway through the month of April.  I wish I could write more but I gotta hop.  I hope all is well back home.
 
Love,
 
Elder Kinney 

No comments:

Post a Comment