Arizona Mesa Mission Address



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 18, 2011

Dear Family,

I'm really sorry I don't have more time to write, but I only have 10 minutes since we have an extremely busy p-day today.  I am going to try and go to downtown Phoenix to buy my suits today.  Last p-day we went to three places where there was supposedly a Men's Warehouse (according to Google Maps) but they weren't there.  I recall dad telling me to go to a Brooks Brothers at one point so I am going to call them, confirm the address, and go.

This past week was pretty good since Elder Ralphs and I have returned to actually being missionaries instead of sitting at home waiting for Elder Ralphs to get well.  His pneumonia is almost completely gone so it isn't much of a setback anymore.

Right now our first priority is finding new people.  We had a ton of investigators at the end of the last transfer but with our new area boundaries, we lost a good chunk of our old area that has the most Spanish-speakers and a lot of work.  Our area is still one of the largest in the mission so there should be plenty of people ready for the gospel within our boundaries.

Also, something else really neat is that we are going to have 2 baptisms this Saturday -- Lupe and her husband.  We haven't been teaching them very often because they live outside of our mission and they have to come to a member's house in our area when they want to talk to us.  I found out a while ago that member referrals are the best type of investigators that are super interested.  We found them because they were friends with Olivia (the one who got baptized the second week of December) and Griselda (another recent convert).  We taught them the lessons, got them to stop drinking coffee and now they are getting baptized, so it is pretty awesome.

My comp and the other Elders are waiting for me so I have to go.  Sorry I couldn't write a longer letter. I love you.

Love,

Elder Kinney


No comments:

Post a Comment